I am a strong believer in using social media, such as Facebook (a whooping 14 million Australian users) Youtube (with 13.8 million Australian users) and Linkedin (with 3.6 million Australian users) to deliver content and build your profile, using Free Business Directories is one of the ways that you can increase your online profile.
Whilst this type of directories no longer have a major impact on your Google ranking, the more places you can be found the better.
Before you get started, have these ready
• 2-3 different business listing titles
• Submission email address
• Contact email address
• Phone number
• Social media links
• 2-3 unique business descriptions (About 200 words max)
• Square logo image (300px is best for most websites)
• 5 different business related images
• Business ABN (Australian Business Number)
Here’s a few bonus tips for getting the most from your Australian directory submissions
• Search each directory for the business name and url to make sure there are no duplicate listings are created
• Use consistent login details across each directory
• Complete as many listing details as possible to maximize value
• Vary the titles and descriptions (Google doesn’t like duplication) to create a unique listing
• Use a dedicated email to separate confirmation & marketing emails
• Expect a few phone calls from directories upselling premium listings
• Check for confirmation emails immediately and after 5 days
Here are some of my top 7 suggestions for Free Business Directories:
No time to get this done, or don’t know what to say?
I offer this as part of my marketing services, please get in touch here and we can get you found easily.